Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Conversation

Stressed: /
Unstressed: U

1. Hey you. (Hey-/ you-U)
2. Hey what’s up? (Hey-/ Whats-U up-/)
3. Oh nothing. How was your day? (Oh-/ nothing-U how-/ was-U your-/ day-U)
4. Eh, it was alright. What about yours? (Eh-/ it-U was-/ alright-U. What-/ about-U yours-/)
5. It was actually pretty good. Didn't do too much.. Just a relaxing day. (It-/ was-U actually-/ pretty-U good-/. Didn't-/ do-U much-/. Just-/ a-U relaxing-/ day-U.)
6. Well that’s nice. I’m just super swamped with homework so I’m kind of stressed out. (Well-/ that's-U nice-/. I'm-/ just-U super-/ swamped-U with-/ homework-U so-/ i'm-/ kind of-U stressed-/ out-U.)
7. Oh, yeah I feel you on that. I hope it doesn't stress you out too much though. (Oh-/ yeah-U I-/ feel-U you-/ on-U that-/. I-U hope-/ It-U doesn't-/ stress-U you-/ out-U too-/ much-U though-/.)
8. Yeah same.. Haha. What class are you going to? (Yeah-/ same-U Haha-/. What-U class-/ are-U you-/ going-U to-/?)
9. I’m on my way to my psych class right now. What about you? (I'm-/ on-U my-/ way-U to-/ my-U psych-/ class-U right-/ now-U. What-/ about-U you?-/)
10. I’m going to English. (I'm/ going-U to-/ English-U)
11. Have fun with that! (Have-/ fun-U with-/ that!-U)
12. Yeah, thanks I’ll try. (Yeah-U thanks-/ i'll-U try-/)
13. I’ll see you after class? (I'll-/ see-U you-/ after-U class?-/)
14. Yup! Meet you at doks! (Yup!-/ Meet-U you-/ at-U doks!-/)
15. Perfect! See you then! (Perfect-/. See-/ you-U then!-/)

16. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Scansion is a really hard task and requires tons of practice. Let's look at one of your lines: "I'm just super swamped with homework so I'm kind of stressed out."

    I'm = stressed
    just = unstressed
    super = stressed unstressed
    swamped = stressed
    with = unstressed
    homework = stressed, unstressed
    so = unstressed
    I'm = unstressed
    Kind = stressed
    of = unstressed
    stressed = stressed
    out = stressed

    ReplyDelete